What to do you need to know about vehicle shipping? There are a few tips that could help make the shipping of your new vehicle go more smoothly.
- Consider auto shipping insurance
- Wash your car inside and out
- Wax it to help protect during shipping
- Check with the shipper about fluids that can be in the vehicle
- Make sure the vehicle is fully functional prior to shipping
- Remove outside accessories to prevent damage and place them in the vehicle
As far as cost for shipping, you can expect anywhere from $0.50/mile to $1.60/mile depending on the distance the vehicle will be traveling. You may want to consider Auto Shipper Insurance to protect you for something the shipper may not insure. Below are some well known automotive shipping companies that provide free quotes.